Oliver + S

Length difference between front and back skirt pieces

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    lslovin @lslovin

Hi all- I am piecing the printed paper pieces and the back panel pieces are inches longer than the front or sides!! They join at 6A on top and 6B on the bottom. I reviewed all the pieces from the download and I seem to have the correct ones. Any thoughts as to what might be the problem or did anyone else run into this? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’ve assembled the pattern but I’m yet to make the skirt so my answer is thus qualified…

I think the height difference is because the front of the skirt will have a separate waistband attached, whereas the back of the skirt will fold down to form it’s own waistband.

Anyone who’s sewn one want to confirm?

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Lighting is right, the back panel piece is longer than the front, side pieces. The back will form a casing for the elastic to go through.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hi, just a note that I’ve edited the thread title to make it easier for other folks with the same question to find this thread.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.