Oliver + S

Help needed! Sleepover pyjama top

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Victoria Crosher @victoria63

I’m making the top and attaching the facing with the ruffle to the pyjama top. I’ve pinned it on but it doesn’t seem right to put the right side of the facing to the wrong side of the pj top. If I stitch it would create a raw edge on the right side. Also , in placing the facing onto the top should the ruffle be facing towards the pj or away – it doesn’t say in the pattern? Hope this makes sense Thanks !

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Trust the instructions! The beauty of Oliver + S patterns is that sometimes it seems counterintuitive, but if you do as the instructions say the finish is always beautiful!
    So, yes, the facing is stitched with the right side of the facing against the wrong side of the pyjama top. Just as in the illustration (below step 1 Attach The Facing).
    Now look at the illustration below, imagine you’ve lifted the facing up and away from the pyjama top. See how the ruffle is neatly sandwiched in between?
    So, make sure you are stitching the inside curve of the facing to the pyjama top. This is the side of the facing you basted the ruffle to. (Illustration at the top of that column of instructions).
    I always say, don’t overthink it, just trust Liesl to get you there!
    Hope that helps.

LINK
    Victoria Crosher @victoria63

Thank you Lightning McStitch! I found that I had basted the ruffle to the facing the wrong way round ( doh!) but your post gave me confidence to go back a few steps and start again rather than just abandon the ruffle. So all is back on track!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.