Oliver + S

Help Me Decide

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    emstone @emstone

Hi Ladies, I need your help on making a decision. I am working on two bubble dresses for Easter. I finished the first one last night and I am in love with it. This is not the first time I have made it but it is so cute in any fabric. Anyways, I had envisioned taking a pink ribbon and tying it around the waist where the bodice and skirt portion meet and now that it is all sewn up I am not sure what to do. I think it would look darling with a bow in the back but I kind of love it plain. I have not had a chance to add it to the flickr pool yet but I did blog about it here: http://astitchingstone.blogspot.com/2012/03/tiny-bubbles.html

Please let me know what you think I should do. Beware, my blog is super new but I wanted a place to document all of my sewing and crafting endeavors.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

It’s adorable. I love it with the ribbon!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

me too, lov ehte ribbon! It would be cute with a bow as well.

LINK
    VIVmade @VIVmade

I like the ribbon too b/c it accents the fitted bodice and where the skirt goes out. I think a gray ribbon might look better though b/c there’s a lot of pink going on right at the waist with the fabric. Really cute dress though!

LINK
    VIVmade @VIVmade

Oh a wide gray satin or velvet ribbon would be divine! With the bow in the back.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

You could also make little thread chains at the side seams to act as belt loops for the ribbon. That way you could even change the ribbon color whenever you like!

http://oliverands.com/blog/2010/09/thread-chain-tutorial.html

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I think a gray ribbon would be more noticable, but maybe that’s just because of the lighting. I’m facing the same dillema in my Easter bubble. I settled on a big huge self fabric bow in the front so that if she needs to wear a little sweater for warmth, the bow will still show.

It’s the year of the bubble!

LINK
    emstone @emstone

Thanks for the feedback ladies. I will be on the hunt for some gray ribbon this weekend to match the dress and I am definitley going to take your advise Liesl and make the thread chains. I think it will really add to the dress and give it that extra special touch! I will post new pictures when I get it all finished and my little one is wearing it!

LINK
    dkbnyc @dkbnyc

my idea has already been suggested, but i will add my 2 cents anyway. I also vote for a gray ribbon and would use thread loops at the side seams instead of tacking down the ribbon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.