Oliver + S

Heather Ross fabric?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

As soon as I found out we were expecting a girl, I searched the internet for that remarkable unicorn fabric from the Far Far Away collection. I’m thinking of using it to make a birthday party dress for her first birthday – would that work well? and will it work at the end of October? Should I knit a sweater to match it or look for a long sleeved pattern? October ought to be crisp, but the day we brought her home from the hospital it was yuky humid and warm! It really can go either way. Thanks for any thoughts on this!

LINK
    icicle @icicle

I think it would be very cute. The double gauze doesn’t really take a crisp pressing like quilting cotton does but I think it would work for this dress. You could always layer a long sleeved top and warm tights underneath if it’s cold or leave it sleeveless if it’s too warm.

Be sure to post to the flickr group if you do make it.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Good to know – I haven’t worked with the double gauze yet. Maybe I’ll do something small with it first to practice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.