Oliver + S

Hand sewing the inside of the bodice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I made two jumpers out of 21 wale corduroy for my granddaughter. For the blue one I tried the stitch in the ditch on the outside of the bodice and for the pink one I sewed a slip stitch by hand on the inside of the bodice. I think that the the pink one looks much better. I ended up taking out the stitch in the ditch on the blue one and hand sewing the bodice. I found that the corduroy when stitched in the ditch, if not exactly in the ditch would twist the little cord just a bit and you could really notice it. I really enjoyed this pattern. I prefer sewing on the weekend in the morning, but I only found time last week to sew at night and this pattern had a good flow to it for night sewing. I did do the hand sewing during the day.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ah, I found the same exact thing — will try hand sewing, thanks for the tip.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.