Oliver + S

Grown up school days type coat

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I have just seen this on the Collette Pattern Blog!

http://www.coletterie.com/colette-patterns-news/introducing-albion-and-cooper-from-walden-by-colette-patterns

https://www.colettepatterns.com/shop/albion

It looks like a grown up version of the School Days coat and it’s for guys! I am seriously thinking about asking my husband if he would like one. 🙂

The sizing also looks like the XS might be about a kids 14 or 16 for any of you looking for an older boys jacket.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

This is a great pattern! I might have to buy it too. : )

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes I thought the same! Pretty exciting to know we can carry on the style when they outgrow the first. I’m not sure if my husband will wear a jacket like that but I have ordered the negroni pattern to make some much needed shirts. The bag pattern looks good too.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

It is a great pattern. It’s the kind of style I wish my husband wore. He keeps trying to wear things wholly unsuitable to him, but it’s hard for me to channel his English styling and find him the right thing. This would be perfect. It may well get on my list! My oldest son will probably fit into this soon enough too and I really loved him in the School Days jacket, which he has now outgrown.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I actually had a look at the sizing and I think that because it can be for the girls aswell, I might use this one for both my kids next year. Of course N still fits the secret agent trench but I would have to size up for Imogen so this will save the effort for one pattern at least. Unless of course she doesn’t prefer this style.

I know my dad would love this style. He has something similar I’ve notice. I might keep this in mind as a birthday gift idea for him – this is right up his English style alley! I asked Murray about it and he was neither hugely for it or against! But then you do get that with some men don’t you?

I love that it has two views.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Yes, I noticed the bloke patterns c/o Colette, too. They look smart and straightforward which is always good when sewing for men because there is also so much more material involved.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Interesting that my husband really wants one to coordinate with Sophie’s School Days coat that I have yet to make. I cringe at the amount of fabric this would take. It is a lovely pattern.

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

Oooooh…..I like it! I can’t really see my husband wearing it, or my older boys. But I would definitely wear it, in that exact shade of navy blue.

Just when I told myself I don’t need anymore patterns (which might have something to do with the online shoe buying spree I just went on).

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

My 6’11” husband has a hard time finding jackets and coats that fit in the torso and arms so I have bought the pattern, and the new Negroni shirt pattern to make for him.

I’ve had him look at the Thread Theory patterns too (threadtheory.ca). There is a cardigan and a pants pattern I would like to make him and they are releasing a pea coat pattern soon – I figured if I make him the pea coat instead I can always use the Colette-pattern for me.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

oh yes, it’s a lot of fabric! It’s a loose fitting coat, for one thing. I looked up the yardages to get an idea of the cost. My hubby is only avereage size at 5’11” but I’d still need 4 yds of main, 4 yds of lining and I think you really need some thinsulate in a winter coat or it’s pointless, so another 4 yrds of some kind of interlining. Nice wools can be had for $16-$20, so it adds up for sure. If I get some wool and lining on sale, I’m estimating a base price of $160 for materials. Still, that’s a lot less than a nice coat from a store, which will be lined with acetate. And you know me well enough to know I won’t work with that! 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.