Oliver + S

Grainline Studio- question about Maritime Shorts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    paula @paula

I hope it is okay to ask this, since I purchased the pattern from here…

I am having a really hard time with the first step – sew pocket to pocket lining. How am I supposed to line the two pieces up? I cannot figure his out! Does anyone have any clear photos of this step?

Thanks!

LINK
    paula @paula

Grainline Studio - Maritime Shorts

Here is a short photo set of my problem. I *think* I have the pocket and lining lined up correctly, but when I pin them together, the pocket is bigger… I double checked that I cut them to the correct size, so maybe I’m pinning them together incorrectly? I can’t seem to figure out how they would fit any other way.

Thanks!

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

I’ve made 2 pairs of Maritime shorts and you have to ease that seam. I pinned the ends together first and then snipped into the seam allowance of the lining just a little on the curve to make it fit. I didn’t take any construction pictures while I was sewing mine up but I did have to ease it on both pairs.

Good luck! I was really happy with how both pairs turned out for my oldest daughter. I have a pair cut out for me too.;)

Cindy

LINK
    paula @paula

Thanks, Cindy! Clipping the lining worked! I kept getting puckers, so I was skeptical, but you are right! Thank you so much! I was about to give up…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.