Oliver + S

Geneva shirt neck line issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Paula @PaulaFrey

Hi, I’ve made the Geneva top twice in different cottons and really love it! I’ve started a third in tencel and am having trouble with the neckline at the shoulder seam. It puckers! Could it be I pulled the facing too tight? I re-did and the second attempt was better but still not great. Pics attached. Any suggestions?

LINK
    Paula @PaulaFrey

okay, pics didn’t work, will try again.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Hello! The first photo doesn’t look puckered at all! The second photo is difficult to tell. The puckers may be because of the drapey fabric and they may steam out or soften with wear. And the addition of the sleeves might also help to add a bit of weight to balance out the draping. It could be that you stretched a bit too much, but it may not be all that bad once you’re finished, too. Good luck!

LINK
    Paula @PaulaFrey

Thanks, I was wondering if the fabric would smooth out when I add the sleeves. and yes, the first top didn’t have this issue. (It fits and looks great)! So I was disappointed with this outcome on the second. I’m relatively new to sewing and just wanted some insight into what could be causing the puckers.

LINK
    Helena @helenamichal77

I am new here , Thanks for your guideline

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.