Oliver + S

Fusible Interfacing for Reversible Hat Brim?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

I see that this pattern calls for sew in interfacing. I don’t have any sew in, but gobs and gobs of fusible. Could I use fusible instead or should I pick up some sew in?

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I made this with “sew in interfacing” as in regular white broadcloth that I sometimes use for toiles (muslins). But from the construction of it I don’t see why you couldn’t use a fusible.

I used only one layer of broadcloth, but if/when I do a second one I think I’ll double it because it wasn’t as sturdy as I would have liked.

I think I’ll interface the sides of the hat as well.

Good luck!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

yes, I think you could use fusible interfacing without a problem. I prefer sew-in here because it doesn’t change the hand or texture of either fabric, since it’s a reversible hat. But fusible shouldn’t be a problem either.

LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

I used midweight fusible for all three of mine and it worked great, I fused the side that was the lightest/thinnest fabric to kind of even it up to the kokka lightweight canvas I used for the other side! Katja

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.