Oliver + S

Flickr question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Anna @aplazarus

Out of curiosity, how is the picture for the website chosen from the Flickr group? Does the poster have to be preapproved or something?

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

As far as I know, no, but it does have to be public. And I know I’ve had absolutely no luck in making my photos on Flickr public, possibly because when I set up my account I made private the default. But even trying to undo that at time of upload, all my pictures seem to be private.

LINK
    Anna @aplazarus

Thanks. My pictures are public, but maybe there’s some other setting that’s not right. Oh well.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

The photo to highlight from the Flickr group is selected at random from the most recent photos posted. It updates every so often to choose a new photo if there are more recent ones available than the one that is being featured currently. And, yes, the photo does need to be public.

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

@aplazarus, I REALLY hope this doesn’t come across as creepy/stalkerish! I only investigated it because I had the exact same problem/question when I first posted some photos to Flickr. But assuming there’s consistency with your username between here and Flickr, your photo in the O+S photostream only appears for me if I’m logged in to my Flickr account. If I log out, I no longer see your photo.

The same is true for me – my photos *look* like they’re set to public, but I can only see them in the photostream if I’m logged into my Flickr account, suggesting that they’re not really public. I’m not willing to change my profile to public by default, so I gave up trying to solve this problem.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Enbee.
    • This reply was modified 6 years ago by Enbee.
    LINK
    Anna @aplazarus

Haha, not creepy! Thanks for the tip. I only use flickr for posting to the O+S group, so I don’t really know what I’m doing. I just noticed that several times, my pictures have sat for days as the first one in the group but never made it to the website, but as soon as someone else posted, it went to the website. I don’t really care about being on the website (though I admit it would be cool), but not being able to figure out why was driving me crazy. Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.