Oliver + S

Fleece lining for School Days Jacket?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    rachel @rachel

I am planning to make another school days jacket for my son and was wondering if fleece might work as a lining material? I noticed that my winter jacket was lined with fleece. Any thoughts on this idea would be much appreciated. 🙂

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Yes, fleece should work nicely! I quilted a layer of quilting cotton over fleece for one version I made when I was writing the pattern, but you could just use the fleece alone fine, too, and it will be nice and warm. have fun!

LINK
    rachel @rachel

thanks so much liesl! i appreciate the feedback.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I used fleece as a lining for my girl’s School Days coat and it worked out really well. I was considering lining the sleeves with some rayon lining to make it easier to slip in long sleeved shirts but ended up using fleece there too to make it snug and warm.

Go for it! I’d love to see how it turns out.

LINK
    rachel @rachel

I did end up using fleece because my son really wanted it. I tend to shy away from synthetic fabrics, but this really did come together beautifully. And it makes for one warm and cozy winter jacket. Pictures here – http://ourtaiwaneseadoption.blogspot.com/2011/09/warm-jacket-for-my-warm-hearted-boy.html

Thanks for the advice!

LINK
    TwinMamaKnitter @TwinMamaKnitter

Beautiful! I’ll have to remember this for next year’s winter coats.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.