Oliver + S

Fit issues: on my 3rd muslin, help!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Ah, now I see what you mean. For that, you should true up using the original side seam. It will bring in your side seam by the dart by a bit, but you’ve added extra space near the front of the top so you’re still adding ease.

Or if you really need/want that extra bit at the side seam, add the equivalent amount to the side seam of the sleeve piece. It won’t make a significant difference to the fit of the sleeve, but it will give you the extra room you wanted.

I hope that fixes the situation!

LINK
    Addie @lotuspeachblog

While I am not entirely confidant about the route I took to get here, I do believe I will be able to repeat the sewing process for my customized maritime top with relative success. I attached a quick photo of the finished garment here. The bottom hem stretched a bit but overall it fits well and I do like how the darts shape the front. I lowered the front neckline some to give a nicer line, since the full width of the original boat neck is too wide for my shoulders. Thanks to @liesl and everyone for the tips.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5tw_UI_bq66Rm5JZmcxMnk3cWs/view?usp=drivesdk

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Addie.
    LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Well done persevering toward a great fit!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Sorry I didn’t get back here sooner — but I like that latest pic a lot, the fit looks great!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Likewise. Well done!

LINK
    Addie @lotuspeachblog

@with_love_Heidi Thanks, I was close to giving up on this one but once I sacrificed the sleeve going in perfectly it was going to work.

@sarvi
    Thank you.

@lightningmcstitch
    Thank you.

I am wearing the top today so maybe I can get a better photo.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.