Oliver + S

Fit advice for the Camp Shirt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Nirmala D @NirmalaD

I’ve been working on a muslin of the Camp Shirt. I want to ask your collective help with the fit, particularly with the sleeve /armhole. I started with a size 6 D cup and transitioning to a 12 for the waist and hips. It was a revelation to start with a size to fit my high bustard use a larger cup size! I shortened the front and back bodice by 3/4inch. My measurements are
    High bust 35.5
    Full Bust 37″
    Waist 32
    High hip 40.25
    Low hip 37.5
    After first basting I decided to lower the breast dart to point more toward my fullest bust, though it did fit nicely before anyway.
    For the sleeve, I did a full arm adjustment to the short sleeve to add 3/4 inch by spreading and trying to maintain the former cap height. I am just not sure what I am seeing with the sleeve. So hard to see oneself without a friend. I will load a few photos. any advice is so much appreciated!

LINK
    Nirmala D @NirmalaD

Here are 2 new photos showing the sleeve back and front. I reduced the width of the top of the shoulder by about 3/8 ” tapering to nothing about 3 ” down the front and the back yoke. I think the front is improved with this narrower shoulder. But Please help me understand what I am seeing in the back. What are the wrinkles saying? I does not feel tight. Help!

LINK
    Nirmala D @NirmalaD

So I have continued on. Perhaps everyone is just too busy to weigh in on my questions. Or perhaps there is somewhere else I should be visiting or asking. Anyway, I made 3 additional small changes to the armhole – bringing the sleeve in deeper at the shoulder, yoke and just below the yoke.
    Here are the latest efforts, if anyone has time to look and comment.Thanks, Nirmala

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.