Oliver + S

finishing the back kick pleat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Hi Everyone,

Now I am finished Uni I am moving back into sewing (Yay). I am planning to make the secret agent trench and have been reading the instructions. The instructions are wonderful and make it feel so easy however I cant work out how to finish the raw edge on the kick pleat. The instructions seem to say how to finish the raw edge on the back seam (with bias tape or preferred method) but seem to leave the inside edges of the kick pleat with unfinished edges. I would really appreciate some help with this as I like to have a good idea of all the steps before I start. I can make it up but if I have missed the instructions or someone has worked out how I would really appreciate knowing.

Thank You Heidi

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

There will not be any raw edges on the inside as the back pleat is cut on the fold. Or am I misunderstanding you Heidi?

~Nicole~

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Thanks Nicole,

That’s the bit I missed, it’s cut on the fold. Thank you.

I have only looked at the instruction sheets to get a feel for the instructions and haven’t traced off the pattern yet, so I missed that that was a fold line not 2 edges.

Thanks again for putting up with the silly questions.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My pleasure!

There are no silly questions and nobody stops learning-ever!

~Nicole~

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.