Oliver + S

finished measurements not including seam allowance?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Ingrid @Ingrid

Hi all!
    I have been working on my first Fira dress, using the body measurements and finished garment measurements in the tables. To my suprise, the garment ended up being too small, and I had to throw my beautiful fabric in the bin…. I wanted to understand and when I measure the bust, hip and waist in the pattern, from pattern line to pattern line (so including the seam allowance), they are exactly the numbers in the finished garment tables, so I am wondering if there is something with the table, or in contrast to other patterns the seam allowance is not allowed in the pattern?
    Love to hear your thoughts!
    Ingrid

LINK
    Erica @Erica

Hello Ingrid! When I made the Fira dress in my usual size, I found that it fit consistently with all the other Liesl + Co patterns. I can always tell if my personal measurements are growing or shrinking based on how my Liesl + Co makes are fitting in the same size. I am wondering if perhaps your pattern was not printed at 100%? I only made that mistake once, and now I always measure the test box to confirm that my pattern indeed was printed at 100%.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.