Oliver + S

Finished garment measurements?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Profile photo of LizzieLizzie @esseesee

I love the styling of the SoHo shorts, it’s by far the nicest pattern for this sort of garment that I’ve seen, and I want one! However, I’m a rather odd shape with a dramatic natural hip-spring, and am significantly below average height.
    Your largest size, 20, is a match for my waist measurement, but the hip measurement is smaller by several inches than mine. I can’t find
    any details of finished garment measurements, specifically hip measurement or finished length, or even any estimation of ease. Can you help me?
    Thanks!

LINK
    Profile photo of Liesl GibsonLiesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Sorry for the silence, @esseesee! We’ve been on vacation. Because of the pleats, this pattern is quite forgiving in terms of measurements. It’s difficult to give a hip measurement as a result of the built-in ease. If you find that the side seam buckles you might want to draw a wider hip curve, but that would be the only necessary change, really. Does that help?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2017. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.