Oliver + S

Finished garment measurements?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Lizzie @esseesee

I love the styling of the SoHo shorts, it’s by far the nicest pattern for this sort of garment that I’ve seen, and I want one! However, I’m a rather odd shape with a dramatic natural hip-spring, and am significantly below average height.
    Your largest size, 20, is a match for my waist measurement, but the hip measurement is smaller by several inches than mine. I can’t find
    any details of finished garment measurements, specifically hip measurement or finished length, or even any estimation of ease. Can you help me?
    Thanks!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Sorry for the silence, @esseesee! We’ve been on vacation. Because of the pleats, this pattern is quite forgiving in terms of measurements. It’s difficult to give a hip measurement as a result of the built-in ease. If you find that the side seam buckles you might want to draw a wider hip curve, but that would be the only necessary change, really. Does that help?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.