Oliver + S

Finished Fairytale dress!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    lintu @lintu

I just wanted to share my experiences making this!

I’d call myself an intermediate sewist – I make my daughter a few dresses a year. I was intimidated by the 3 scissors out of 4 rating, but ultimately it was appropriate for someone with some previous sewing experience (as the rating descriptors say). Adding a zipper wasn’t nearly as scary as I expected!

I picked size 5 for my almost 4 year old daughter based primarily on her height (to ensure that the torso and skirt were long enough). I was afraid it might be too wide around for her after measuring, but the bodice muslin fit perfectly without adjustments. For reference, she is around 44″ tall and about 41lb and wears a size 5 in most brands of clothing.

The one mistake I realized I made after sewing is that I put the skirt lining in backwards, with the tulle against the wearer. I have to turn that around for comfort but otherwise everything worked out really well!

She wanted it in the model fabric, so we used that + a coordinating blue.

IMG_7879

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

That is beautiful, I love the coordinating blue fabric!

LINK
    thejennigirl @thejennigirl

You did a lovely job! And your precious daughter looks absolutely pleased

LINK
    Cat75 @Cat75

Lovely! I am working on this dress for the first time right now also.

Do you mind me asking how long it took you to make?

LINK
    lintu @lintu

Thank you!

Cat, I’d say it took me around 2 weeks. On average I probably worked on it an hour per day, so maybe 14 hours to complete? That’s pretty rough.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Adorable! nicely done.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Lovely! Congrats. I feel like a fairytale done is a serious accomplishment.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh, she looks so pleased! Congratulations. I consider that to be our most difficult pattern. And you did a fantastic job with it.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Looks wonderful and what a sweet kid!

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Beautiful! (Dress and little lady!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.