Oliver + S

Finish sewing instructions after-school shirt+pants

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    buttonup @buttonup

Sewing instructions for the pants are not complete on the instruction sheet page 3

Prepare The Side Panel

1. Pin the upper-and lower-side panels together along the short notched edge, with right sides together, and stitch with a 1/2″ seam. Press the seam toward the lower side panel and finish the seam allowances together. If desired, topstitch 1/4″ from the seam. (Note that the topstitching

Leisl, could you please complete the sewing instructions, I don’t want to miss any of your great ideas. Thank you!

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

It probably has some warning that the topstitching will be visible, and you may want it to match, or color coordinate with the lower side panel.

LINK
    Emily @Emily

I think I’ve found an error in the text of the instructions.

Prepare the front pants (all views)

1. Pin one cut front pocket to one cut pants front, with right sides facing and matching the pieces’ curved pocket edge and top edge.

The illustration shows the pocket lining rather than the pocket, and the lining is what makes sense…?

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Thanks for pointing out these two minor errors in the instructions. An errata for them has been posted here:

http://www.oliverands.com/patterns/pants/patterns27.phtml

LINK
    kkalltheway @kkalltheway

Thank you so much! I went over and over and over the pattern totally confused. One visit to the forum later and everything is crystal clear!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.