Oliver + S

Favorite prints for boys

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I’m more a fan of versatile basics than prints (with the exception of liberty of course). HOWEVER, my boy starts kindergarten this fall and dress code dictates that he must wear a collared shirt each day. I thought to make things a little more kid friendly I’d buy a few cute prints for shirts for the school wardrobe. So…what are your favorite prints for boys? He’s pretty flexible in terms of gender specific colors but won’t wear solid pink. Also, what brands have the best hand and wash up the best? I recently used and liked some cotton and steel but other than that I’m out of the loop. I don’t want to end up with shirts that are too stiff.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

How about the lawn/shirting weights from Yoshiko Jinzenji (sp?) — they make terrific little shirts and aren’t too hot.

http://www.jonesandvandermeer.com/products/yuwa-yoshiko-jinzenji-simple-quilt-more-options.html

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Don’t forget the parachute Polo, it’s got a collar and looks great 🙂

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

Oh, Sarvi! I love that idea (and…a new website browse).

Heidi, good point! I have that one and plan to use it. I never have great luck with knits holding up as well as wovens, but will absolutely make a few.

Thanks!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Did you have a look at Sarvi’s link @mcholley1? Aren’t they cute prints?! @Sarvi you have such good taste in fabric!

Is there anything in particular you little man likes on his shirts? I love a good check shirt and stripes (I made Noah a sketchbook shirt in Cape Ann stripe) are always good.

I do like fun prints so things that would appeal to his interests (in our case trains) can be fun. I have Michael Miller print with spectacles on it that I actually used for an Art museum vest for Noah – it sort of takes the mickey because we lot are the users of spectacles.

I also like prints that could be story related, like the cat in the hat prints for example. He’s still little so he can still have fun with the prints on his shirts – makes sewing them fun too I think.

My all time favourite was the seahorses print from Tula Pink! Fun but somewhat sophisticated too!

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Sarvi, I wanted to say a big thank you for the link you provided to Jones and Vandermeer. As T said, they have sell some great prints, and I was especially pleased to see their notions’ section. Very keen to try some purses – well, sort of- and J and V sell the frames you need to attach the fabric, and close the purse.

Suggestions like these are so useful to web browsers with little time/data allowance.

How have you found the shop’s service, Sarvi?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.