Oliver + S

Fairy tale collar View A

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Greenpip @Greenpip

I’m wondering if anyone else has tried the collar yet as I’m having some trouble.

I made the collar last night for a size 2 using the digital pattern and each collar piece is 1/2 an inch too short. Is it possible the collar should be sewn with a 1/4 inch seam allowance rather than the 1/2 inch I ‘ve used?

Aligning the notch in the collar piece to the shoulder seam has me 1/4 inch short from the centre front and back. I couldn’t see anything in the directions that said to use 1/4 inch but I may have inadvertently skipped over it. I’ve checked both the scale square and my tracing of the collar piece and all seem to be accurate.

Otherwise absolutely loving this pattern – so many wonderful options which can completely change the tone of the dress as you add them.

Tamara @justsewit

Hi Greenpip

I have two dresses cut out and ready to sew in a few moments but in a size 12 and from the paper pattern. I will let you know if I experience the same issue or if I see anything that may help you find the solution.

Hope this helps

Liesl Gibson

I’ve just checked this and the collar is measuring correctly. Keep in mind that the collar isn’t matching the center back on this pattern–take a look at page 3, columns 2 and 3, steps 3 and 4 for illustrations and a discussion of the placement of the collar. You may also need to clip into the collar a bit to help it fit (see step 3). I hope that helps!

Tamara @justsewit

I made the first of three Fairy Tale dresses and I believe the collar came out fine on the size 12 that is completed. I did notice too Greenpip that there is an errata listed with the details of this dress regarding the collar for view A.

cybele727 @cybele727

In order to fit the bodice (after all my muslin work) I had to add a 1/2 inch through the center front. So my neckline is longer in the front.. How much should I add to the collar? 1/4 inch for each piece totaling the extra 1/2?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2018. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.