Oliver + S

Fairy tale collar View A

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Greenpip @Greenpip

Hi

I’m wondering if anyone else has tried the collar yet as I’m having some trouble.

I made the collar last night for a size 2 using the digital pattern and each collar piece is 1/2 an inch too short. Is it possible the collar should be sewn with a 1/4 inch seam allowance rather than the 1/2 inch I ‘ve used?

Aligning the notch in the collar piece to the shoulder seam has me 1/4 inch short from the centre front and back. I couldn’t see anything in the directions that said to use 1/4 inch but I may have inadvertently skipped over it. I’ve checked both the scale square and my tracing of the collar piece and all seem to be accurate.

Otherwise absolutely loving this pattern – so many wonderful options which can completely change the tone of the dress as you add them.

Thanks

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hi Greenpip

I have two dresses cut out and ready to sew in a few moments but in a size 12 and from the paper pattern. I will let you know if I experience the same issue or if I see anything that may help you find the solution.

Hope this helps

Tamara

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’ve just checked this and the collar is measuring correctly. Keep in mind that the collar isn’t matching the center back on this pattern–take a look at page 3, columns 2 and 3, steps 3 and 4 for illustrations and a discussion of the placement of the collar. You may also need to clip into the collar a bit to help it fit (see step 3). I hope that helps!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I made the first of three Fairy Tale dresses and I believe the collar came out fine on the size 12 that is completed. I did notice too Greenpip that there is an errata listed with the details of this dress regarding the collar for view A.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Liesl,

In order to fit the bodice (after all my muslin work) I had to add a 1/2 inch through the center front. So my neckline is longer in the front.. How much should I add to the collar? 1/4 inch for each piece totaling the extra 1/2?

Jenny

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.