Oliver + S

Facing the patchwork pocket- Help?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    BumblinaGirl @BumblinaGirl

I don’t yet understand how to position the facing in order to follow the directions for attaching the facing to the patchwork pocket.

How do I sew the initial 1/2″ seam allowance, then pivot at the corners while not completely sewing the edges of the facing to the pocket.

The image shows a 1/2 SA all along both the pocket and facing, with the facing still free along its edges (it’s flipped up/away from the actual pocket).

I’ve attached pics of the directions and of the 2 options the directions may be conveying in order to attach these pieces, with right sides together.

Can you say whether the pinned example or the non-pinned is the way I should start? Maybe it’s something else?🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by BumblinaGirl. Reason: 3rd photo didn't attach
    • This topic was modified 3 years ago by BumblinaGirl. Reason: Figured it out. Adding 4th photo!
    LINK
    BumblinaGirl @BumblinaGirl

GOT IT!!😁

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.