Oliver + S

Fabric used in this pattern – View B

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    whtfairyblue @whtfairyblue

Hi

Does anyone know what fabric was used in this pattern’s picture View B?

The blueish-purple fabric with the red buttons?

Doesn’t really look like a raincoat fabric but not too sure..

Thanks

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Here’s the original post introducing the pattern: http://oliverands.com/blog/2012/03/introducing-the-secret-agent-trench-coat-pattern.html

I thought it was mentioned there what the fabric was? I have it in my mind that a twill was used for both their views?

LINK

Thanks for that. I think in that blog Liesl was going to post a link to buy the fabric but I can’t see it in any of the blogs. Might not have been posted yet? Any ideas?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Hey everyone,

Well, I’m sorry to tell you that the store where I purchased the fabric for the boy’s linen trench coat (and S’s trench coat, too) that we showed in photos has not been able to get more of that quality. It was a stock item when I bought it, and they thought they would be able to provide it over the long term, but apparently it’s not the case. I’ve located a similar fabric at B&J, but it’s pricey. So, for what it’s worth (and that’s a lot, at this price!) here is a link to the coated linen fabrics at B&J. It’s gorgeous stuff, but that doesn’t make the price any easier to swallow:

http://www.bandjfabrics.com/search/node/coated

The blue girl’s trench coat was an inexpensive nylon fabric I purchased years ago (really–like 10 years ago at least, and it was meant for a completely different project that never materialized) is really nothing special. It’s probably somewhat water repellent but certainly not water resistant. I’m sorry I can’t help with this at all except maybe that I remember it wasn’t expensive and is truly just a blue nylon.

LINK

Thanks Liesl. The blue trench coat is gorgeous!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.