Oliver + S

Fabric suggestions for boys' pajamas?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    KMcSews @KMcSews

Coming up on my to-do list is a new pair of pajamas for my 9-year-old son. So far I’ve made things like this in flannel and quilting cottons, but I’m wondering about other options. Sigh…he’s getting awfully grown up! Any recommended fabrics for solids, stripes…other thoughts? I’d like to find something comfortable and somewhat fun. Maybe I could use a fun quilting cotton for the trim. Suggestions? Thanks!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I have the Sarah Jane Children at Play line for all my boys, oldest is almost 10. Ther is fun prints and striped prints. SHe has the flannel and cotton fabrics of all the prints too.

LINK
    KMcSews @KMcSews

Thank you! I just looked at the Children at Play line — that’s a great idea. Do you have any thoughts about solids I could mix with these? The only solids I’ve used are the kona cottons from Joann, and I’d like something a little softer.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Fabric.com has the Alexander Henry mustache fabric. There seams to be a ton of super hero and Star Wars quilting fabric out there at the moment.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I would use a soft cotton shirting, in plaids or pinstripes or maybe herringbone, just like mens pajamas would be. I think it would be more comfortable than quilting cotton. The Sarah Jane stuff isnwonderfullynillustrated, but I find Michal Miller pretty stiff. I know I wouldn’t enjoy sleeping in it. I haven’t had a chance to feel the flannel from her line. Moda makes a buttery soft flannel, but I don’t know of any boyish prints. I would search for men’s shirting at gorgeous fabrics, fabric.com, mood or your local tailoring shop, if you happen to have one.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I’ve been looking at these for my boys, 5 and 7: http://www.fabric.com/SearchResults2.aspx?Source=Header&SearchText=Plaid&CategoryID=1d5f47dc-9991-4088-93f3-26a376046a5e. I’m only hesitating because they might prefer cozy flannel in the cold months.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.