Oliver + S

fabric requirements – school days

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    rachel @rachel

I am making the Schools Days jacket in wool for my son. I found some wool that I adore, but they only have 1.5 yards available. He’s 5 1/2 so I was going to make the size 6. Do you think 1.5 yards will be enough if I really squeeze it all together or do I absolutely need 1.75 yards?

Thanks!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I think the yardage estimate for that pattern is for 44″ wide fabric. If so, you’ll have more than enough with 1.5 yards, assuming that the wool is 58″‘-60″ wide.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Have a trial run, lay out some fabric with the exact dimensions and lat out your pieces of pattern.

I have found the fabric allowance to be very generous, but I would always double check !

LINK
    rachel @rachel

the pattern says 1.75 yards for 58″ and 2.25 for 44″.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Ah, sorry–I’m on the road and didn’t have a chance to check back and remind myself how we handled yardage for that pattern.

In that case, I think the trial run is a good idea. Sometimes you can squeeze the pieces together more tightly than shown on the cutting layout. Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.