Oliver + S

Fabric for Music Box Jumper

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    merelee79 @merelee79

Has anyone used seersucker for the Music Box Jumper? I have some pink/white fabric that I can’t decide what to do with. Thought it might be good for this pattern.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I think it would be great! Might want to make sure the skirt part is as opaque as you’d like, seersucker can be very light weight. I haven’t used it for this particular pattern but have used it for the Popover and it was wonderful.

LINK
    merelee79 @merelee79

Thank you Sarvi. The fabric was pretty light weight. I got some muslin to line the skirt part to help it not be so see-through. Good idea?

LINK
    homefire @homefire

I also think it will look lovely and the muslin under will be just the thing.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Great idea, that will be so comfortable to wear. Looking forward to seeing it!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I think it would be lovely. I lined a Music Box Jumper when I used a very lightweight corduroy that was a bit see through and it worked well.

LINK
    merelee79 @merelee79

Whew – finally finished the dress. I’m too embarrassed to tell you what I did when trying to sew the pleats but three handfuls of M&Ms later, I finally figured out what on earth I was doing wrong. Anyways, here’s the finished product –

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51561330@N03/8472322302/in/pool-oliverands/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51561330@N03/8471224933/in/pool-oliverands/

I made it in a size 3 and it’s a little big on her but I know once this hot Texas heat hits, it’ll fit just perfect.

Thank you so much for your ideas.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

It looks wonderfully light! I bet it’ll be a treat to wear, great job!

LINK
    merelee79 @merelee79

Sarvi – thank you! My daughter loves it! She was spinning around in it all day yesterday. It’ll be interesting to see how many days a week she requests to wear it 🙂

LINK
    Jane @jesims

It looks lovely. I just had my little one in her corduroy MB Jumper today and was thinking it’d be nice to make one for summer. 🙂

Isn’t it a great feeling when their favorite piece to wear is something you made?

Jane

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.