Oliver + S

Fabric choices

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    carol @carol

Has anyone use the light weight corduroy for the Playtime dress pattern? It is not listed as a fabric choice. Think it would be nice for winter.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I haven’t made it yet but I think I have seen it in light weight cord on flicker.

LINK
    Jane @jesims

I have just been thinking about trying it in corduroy too. I think it would be adorable.

Jane

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Because this pattern can be made in a woven or a knit, I don’t see why a fine corduroy wouldn’t work. Nicole has managed to make it in a lightweight denim so I think corduroy should be able to work.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl
    LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Fine cord would be lovely.

Thick cord would also work but you may have to bash a few seams with a hammer.

~Nicole~

LINK
    carol @carol

Can’t wait to try the pattern. Now if I can only get over my fear of sewing with knits. This “old dog” is trying new tricks and your encouragement makes it so much easier. Thanks!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I also think fine cord will work. Consider using a lighterweight fabric like lawn or shirting for your facings to reduce bulk. Also, you may think about grading the seams rather than clipping them. That will help the seam allowances lie flatter.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.