Oliver + S

Explorer's vest blog post – sources for twill tape?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

Hi, all – I’ve been on the lookout for very fine (lightweight? thin in the vertical direction) twill tape, and all of the twill tape in the 5/4/17 blog post got me thinking that I should ask a collection of people who are likely to know that sort of thing. I mostly want this for adding homemade labels to garments, so off-white or white is fine, but I’d strongly prefer 100% cotton, and again, as thin and flexible as possible. I’m looking for 1/2″ to 3/4″ widths. Any suggestions? My local stores only have the stuff that’s fairly stiff.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

If you’re planning to use it for labels then you could look at Etsy stores who will print onto cotton twill tape. Then you could have your own custom labels.
    I find eBay, Etsy and Amazon to all be good online sources for notions like this.
    Sewing shops will often stock it but may not bother putting it in their online catalogue, so you never know til you drive there.
    Printed ribbon can be really cute for little mini tags too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.