Oliver + S

Enlarging sleeve only

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

The size 2T fits my daughter perfectly everywhere except at sleeve opening (where the cuff would be, though I’m making the short sleeve). I was going to just lay the pattern pieces for the back and front over the lines for the next size up and trace the bigger sleeve attachment bit, and then trace a larger sleeve. Any problems that might cause, or is there a better/faster/easier way to manage this?

Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

So cutting the size 2 with a size 3 arm hole and then cutting the size 3 sleeve? Then cutting the size 3 sleeve? That should work beautifully.

I would have a look at the size 3 pattern first,it may be simpler to go up one size.

I have 2 size 12-18 mnths cut for Missy M,I had best sew them or they will not fit her!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

You’re right, the width difference may not be that great between the 2T and 3T, I just want to keep the slimmer fit in the body so they’ll look nice under pinafores. It’s worth going to the trouble because this top is a bit more time-consuming and produces such a wonderfully pretty finish. Really just adore this blouse, if I had the time she’d have a whole set of them.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I’m looking forward to seeing how this works out for you. I really need to get to drafting. I have fabric purchased just for this blouse!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.