Oliver + S

Elastic length for Sleeve casing in bigger sizes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Currently, I’m making a number of Class Picnic tops, including a size 8 that will be sent interstate. I’m concerned that the length of the elastic suggested for the sleeve casings in the larger sizes is the same as the smaller pattern range; ie. 5″. Can someone who has made the CP blouse in size 6, and up let me know if the length of elastic should be longer. As the elastic will be secured by the child’s grandmother who is a ‘spot-on’ size 8 at present, I don’t want to insert too short a length. Thank you.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Sorry, I guess I’m not clear on the relevance of the grandmother’s size? I’ve made the size 5 and found the elastic to be fine. It is a pretty gentle sort of elastic that fits in there (you’re not meant to use that very stiff, heavy waistband type of elastic) and it’s really just giving a bit of gentle gather/ease for dressing to a bit of the neckline. The top as a whole has a lovely, blousy fit and I doubt you’d run into trouble with too narrow a neck.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Thank you Sarvi; I realise some very poor punctuation/sentence construction does infer that ‘nana’s size’ is relevant. Of course, it’s not! The child is size 8, and lives interstate so it will be her grandmother who will be securing the fit of the elastic on the child. I’ve decided to cut a 6″ piece, and feel reasonably confident that should be sufficient. As you say, the blouse is designed to be a relaxed fit.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh! Of course — my reading comprehension is not so hot before my morning coffee kicks in! 6″ should be plenty and nana can always trim if needed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.