Oliver + S

Does anyone know where to find …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have just bought a copy of the Australian Homespun magazine and in it has a really beautiful dress that I would absolutely LOVE to adapt the Fairy tale dress and make a copy of.

There isn’t a link unfortunately for you to see it but I will describe as best I can.

Basically it is a one shoulder dress with a fitted bodice and has a very full skirt of layers of tulle. The very top layer is of this Pink rose applique tulle.

I’ve googled myself silly trying to find it and I have even gone as far as settling for a second option (fabric.com has the satin rosette fabric).

I would really love to get hold of some in order to make this dress – I have my eye to make it for a certain child’s 10th birthday as I have had her approval.

The question I am throwing out there is …

Has anyone actually seen rose applique tulle fabric and if so where? It doesn’t have to be pink, just a colour but I would love to know where to get some.

Tamara

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Have you tried mood.com?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Thanks Sarvi, I just had a look and could find heaps of solid beautiful colours but not the applique tulle. You would think that something that has just been published would still be available…. my search continues. I emailed Violette field threads because they were the guest designers so hopefully they can point me in the right direction … hopefully.

Tamara

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Gosh they are both really pretty and very similar to what I am trying to describe. D’you think the top link with the description of “mesh” is mistaking it and it is really tulle?

I’ll keep them in mind. Thanks Nicole.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think they mention lots of descriptions so they get picked up in searches.

Ask them,I find E-bay seller awesome.

Good luck!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Did you try spotlight? I seem to remember somthing that has applique roses/flowers simular to nicoles fabric but looked like it might have been done with ribbon? I’m not sure if there’s much arond as i think the last few bolts were on the clerence tble at my local spotlight.

On th topic on the ‘mesh’, the fabric I’ve seen I would be happy to describe it as mesh rather than tulle. I wonder if it is refering to the fact that it might be a bit more drapey than tule although stil be a slightly open weave.

The dess sounds lovely.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Heidi I didn’t even check when I was there because I got my mag after visiting the store. If I don’t find it online then this will be my last ditch effort and even then may check out what they have in Perth.

I know Fabric.com has the ribbon appliqued satin which would be an alternative however I fear that it wouldn’t have the same effect with the layers of tulle underneath. The links so far seem to be closest so I have something to fall back on.

There are some on ebay listed as being in the U.K and the exchange rate is cringingly expensive. It would be a dress any little preteen girl would adore and feel pretty in without being too grown up. I saw some young ladies “out on the town” obviously having a birthday party and they were dressed in the full skirt style of the Fairy tale dress – love that they think it is a cute and fashionable style but am laughing to know that most girls of this age would never think their grandmothers would have worn something very similar – or their mums even! I love how styles recycle and become “in” again.

Thanks ladies

Tamara

LINK

Hi Tamara,

Yesterday i was in spotlight and saw a fabric similar to Nicole’s first one. When I get a chance I will post a picture.

Heidi

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I saw some similar fabrics at my local Eastern state Spotlight as well. It was in the shiny, fancy fabric section where I don’t normally wander. I recall one with a denser flower style in a lovely coffe pink colour. I’d consider doing a purchase and post for you if you have no luck in the wild west 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I saw some too(when I was in the city last week) but it was around the $40/m mark so I would definitely do a mock up first.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Why does it have to be so pricey?? I didn’t end up going to the city as planned this week (due to sewing disasters and withdrawing everything from the show) so I won’t get to have a good look at what a big store has until the holidays. I am going to try and get to my local one next week though. At a pinch they may have some.

Thanks Lightning McStitch you are a gem!

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I think your dress sounds so pretty. If you ever find the fabric, please post a picture.

LINK

Here’s the picture’s I took of the fabric at spotlight. http://www.flickr.com/photos/73669617@N07/8005316964/in/photostream

Here’s the pic of the information hang tag fotr the fabric, I’m sorry it’s not super clear. http://www.flickr.com/photos/73669617@N07/8005313780/in/photostream

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.