Oliver + S

Do you think this would work?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

As luck would have it my sojourn with costumes has not come to a complete stop as first thought. The school presentation night is coming up and the year one’s (N’s class) are doing a song called “I wanna be a Superhero”. Apparently, N is fixed to be Superman (along with several others) so, once again turning to trusty Oliver and s patterns for help, I am thinking of joining the Nature Walk pants with the Field trip top to make an all in one suit opening at the back and having the cape attached at one side with a piece of Velcro or press stud on the other shoulder to hold it on. Of course with the red undies, they will be sewn in somehow and an appliquéd yellow belt to make it look authentic.

I know lightning made a fab costume by joining two patterns into one, but do you think this combination would also work?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Sounds great. Exactly how I was thinking of doing it as soon as I heard ‘superman’.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Excellent will put that on the to do list which is that long I won’t be seeing the trees for the hills (or however the saying goes). Will also first confirm with the teacher. The only way I knew about this is through N himself and the words appeared in the school bag yesterday, other than that, nothing!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Sure it’ll work. The Nature walk pants already have quite a “yoke” which can be heightened to give the effect of undies and belt. Appliqueing another fabric (stretchy is ideal!) on for the undies/belt would work, as would trying to piece the fabrics (trickier).

For the back opening, how about a Family Reunion style placket but with snaps or Velcro instead of button. Then just sew top to bottom and you’re done.

Sounds cool

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh yes velcro opening at the back for sure. I didn’t think about using the FR back placket though – was going to make it up as I went but it is a good idea to use something already familiar. I just love the idea of the pieced jumpsuit – certainly not shying from a challenge – it may prove time consuming though so will look at options when I actually get started.

The teacher was away today – probably caught the tummy bug – so didn’t get to ask but I am hoping there is actually a note in the bag giving information. We’ve only just gotten home from school (swimming club day) so haven’t had a chance to check yet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.