Oliver + S

Disney Dresses

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Unfortunately I can’t find where I thought I saw the info on a new basic tee! We’ll have to wait and see 🙂

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Surely we’ll be done with snow by March 15th! Any chance you might drop just a vague hint about the kinds of other patterns coming?

I have made a promise to sew Phil’s communion suit myself if, and only if, Oliver + S release a blazer to match the art museum vest and pants. I’ll either be really excited or really relieved when I find out.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

These ideas are so cute!!!!! And I can’t wait to see the new releases!

LINK
    crissybell @crissybell

Now that the garden party dress it out, that would be beautiful to customize into a princess dress!

LINK
    Darcy Struble @darcyjane

Oh my goodness! I thought the same thing (and using this logic, I totally bought the pattern already haha). I’m thinking maybe a Rapunzel inspired dress. Her dress in Tangled has all those really nice “hand embroidered” details, it might be fun to incorporate some of those on the skirt…

LINK
    pippi @pippi

I have made a few disney things including sailboat Mickey pants and skirt (red with just two big white buttons). I thought it worked well, mickey was originally a sailor after all right? I know she doesn’t like minnie, but I also made a minnie dress with the tea party pattern (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59555784@N02/8452468313/) I was just thinking it might work for a very simple rapunzel dress because you could add contrast piping and a different shade of purple for the center panel to mimic the overlay effect of her dress.

My little girl loved Cars the first time we went to Disney and of course it is NEARLY impossible to buy anything Cars for girls so I made this Little Lisette dress for her: http://www.flickr.com/photos/59555784@N02/7154995476/ You could do something like that with mickey fabric too. I also made her a simple tiered ruffled skirt out of Cars fabric. http://www.flickr.com/photos/59555784@N02/6807019921/

Good luck! I had planned to sew for our trip last year, but only got one outfit done for each of them. Good that you are planning so early though because those deadlines always seem to creep up!

LINK
    PreemieMomma @PreemieMomma

I want to make my daughter a Merida dress and an Elsa dress. Any suggestions which patterns I should start with as the inspiration? I was actually planning to just buy the blue Disney Merida dress but then I read the reviews and decided I’ll be better off making it myself.

LINK
    pippi @pippi

If you want a more traditional princess dress I would think the fairytale pattern would be your best bet to get that very fitted bodice and full skirt. If you want a more casual “inspired by” look I was thinking the library dress (View B) with a gold band might fit some of the details of the Merida dress. Elsa is a little trickier. I think you would have to modify a lot or mix and match some patterns for that. I tried to work with my daughter on “designing” an Elsa dress but we kept getting stuck on the cape because she insisted that it be made of ice. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.