Oliver + S

Digital Patterns

Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • LINK
    rachelgold @rachelgold

Hi Todd,

I was using Adobe (either Reader or Acrobat Pro) on Windows – I can look at the version tomorrow to add it to the post. The test square may have been off by 1/16th or so – the problem was, I couldn’t figure out what to do to change it. On both printers I tried I had the setting at “Actual size” – I have seen other versions of Adobe Reader where the option is “Scaling: none” and the option list on the version I used was phrased as “Actual size”; Adobe may have redone the interface as part of an upgrade or perhaps I have the professional version of Acrobat on the PC I was using – I can check for sure and upload a screenshot of my options to Flickr if anyone is interested. Staples had the same set of options available to them on their version of the Adobe Reader product as I had on my version.

Good to know about the fixed-width printing. I will go with the “Actual size” version they gave me. I think they had a few fixed length options, rather than the printer auto-calculating it, so maybe they wanted a length value as a lower bound for selecting from limited choices.

LINK
    NCMimi @NCMimi

Hello,

I’m so glad I found this discussion. Just downloaded my first digital O+S pattern and just couldn’t get it to print at the correct scale. I have a Mac. Very frustrating! So, I downloaded Adobe Reader per the above — moved the download into Adobe and voila! — worked like a charm. It give me the correct print options. Thank you!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Bumped for a new member.

Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.