Oliver + S

Digital Late Lunch Tunic – HELP!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Mehndi @Mehndi

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I purchased the Digital Late Lunch Tunic pattern and cannot piece the pages together. I am not sure if there are missing pieces or I am doing something wrong. I printed out the pattern on 8.5 by 11 inch paper. I don’t see any instructions on how the pages should fit together. The line drawing of the pieces do not help. Any and all suggestions are very welcome.

Mehndi

PS: This is why I rarely buy digital patterns. I am a beginner and trying to figure this out is too stressful. I bought this because I am told these patterns offer impeccable drafting and great instructions. I am not feeling it.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

For this pattern, you will be assembling the individual pattern pieces, not a giant pattern sheet. You can find instructions for how to tile the pieces together on page 15 of the PDF file. In short, you will trim the edges (the area outside the grid lines) from the pages. Then look for the letter-number combinations in the black circles in the corners of pages. When you see a 1A, for example, you will match up all the corners of pages that have 1A. Do this for all the letter number combinations, and the pattern pieces will come together.

Some pages have more than one letter number combination on them. This means that the page contains parts of two separate pieces. Cut the page in between the two pieces and match each letter-number combination up with its partners.

LINK
    Mehndi @Mehndi

Thanks so much for your response. I have matched the letter/number combinations in the corners of some pages.
    However, there seems to be some missing pieces. For example: #1 Front Yoke should consist of 4 pages. I can’t find the 4th page. Another issue is 2 of the pages contain pattern parts of another piece of the pattern. Now which parts or pattern pieces those are I cannot determine since they don’t seem to match any other pages.

This would be a lot easier if there was a wholistic picture of where each page fits or if you number the pages and tell the buyer to do a grid of the first four pages from left to right then the next row second four pages left to right and so on.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Nothing is missing in the file. You just need to find all the pieces with the same letter-number combinations.

For piece 1, for example, there are four pieces with the letter-number combination 1A. These are spread across three pages: page 15, page 16 (which also includes a section of piece 8D at the bottom–trim the page between those two pieces and use the section for 8D when assembling piece 8), and page 17. Page 17 contains the remaining two pieces to finish assembling piece 1. You’ll see there are two 1A markers on that page. One is right side up and the other upside down. Cut the page down the middle to separate the two separate pieces. Once you do that, you will have all four pieces with 1A that are needed to assemble piece 1. Place them together with all the squares containing the 1A circles abutted next to each other, and you will have piece 1 completed.

Use this process to complete all other pieces.

It’s a little different than assembling one large pattern sheet, but this approach saves paper for printing.

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

Chiming in to say I started digital patterns with O+S, and while I can see how it might throw you off if you’ve only ever assembled a whole-sheet digital pattern, I much, much prefer the O+S approach of individual pattern pieces instead. Storing the assembled patterns is much easier this way.

LINK
    Mehndi @Mehndi

Thanks so much for the help. I assembled a digital pattern before but never one that has multiple pieces on a single sheet of paper. Furthermore, what makes this pdf file particularly difficult is there are no page numbers for each sheet of paper. Asking me to find the pattern piece for a front yoke on pages 15, 16, and 17 is a bit silly when the pages are not numbered. I would need to either number the pages myself or go back and forth from my computer to the pages to figure this out. A layout of the PDF pieces is sorely lacking. In addition, turning pages upside down and trimming them at different non-established points is sort of “jigsawly”. As much as I like a good puzzle, I am less than amused to be doing so while trying to lay out a pattern.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.