Oliver + S

Did y'all see this? Popover Dresses for orphanage in Haiti

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    janimal @janimal
    LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

Yes, I made two already; the deadline is December, so I’m going to try to make more. Easy to make, and not a lot of fabric.

LINK
    awedewer @awedewer

Thanks for posting the link here…Wish I’d thought of that! I sent one dress last week and hope to make another before December.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Yes, I saw it and will make one or two. I also bought some little girl underpants. Imagine not having underwear! Poor things!

LINK
    sophiesmamma @sophiesmamma

Hi everyone.

I made two dresses for this project, sizes 4 and 6. I had my 3 year old try them on….she can’t get them over her head can step into them….is that ok? They seem so narrow at the top? What am i missing? I doubled the strap but not the bodice?

I appreciate any assistance.

LINK

opps.think i just figured it out….the yoke goes around the whole bodice? not just the little portion? back to the drawing board…oy vey

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

One yoke attaches to the front, the other to the back, leaving the bottom half of armholes that get finished with the bias tape straps. You might also try looking at some pictures in the flickr group to see what the finished dress looks like. Maybe that will help you visualize it better?

LINK

Wow..so embarrassed. Thanks Meleliza. I did need the visual, as always.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.