Oliver + S

Cute with moccasins?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Yes, it has come to this — I am trying to base an outfit for the baby on what would look cute with her new shoes:

http://www.moccasinsdirect.com/products/images300/1482.jpg

Suggestions? I have most every pattern, plus the book.

I feel like I’ve lost a bit of my mind. When did I become this person who buys baby boots and then tries to sew clothes to match them? Is it hormones? Do they wear off? (I kind of hope they don’t.)

LINK
    icicle @icicle

Know that you are not alone! And it’s harmless fun, so why not?

We have moccasins here too. I find they look best with full skirts and tights or with narrow leggings/pants on my four year old. How old is your baby? Chubby little baby legs look cute without tights but with bloomers and mocs too…

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh, good idea, her 17-month-old legs are still nice and chubby. I think we’ll go for tights, though, it’s still a little cool here. Thanks!

LINK
    mela @mela

oh so cute!! My first thought is that those would look great with the puppetshow shorts. or the 2+2 top with leggings. the puppetshow dress would be great, also, since it is a fuller dress. Pretty much any of the tops with some leggings would be so great! Have fun!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Denim swing set skirt with tights!!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I had a very strong impulse to stay up all night sewing so she could have a new outfit, but exhaustion prevailed in the end. She wore a blouse sort of similar to one of the new Spring designs — a bit of elastic at the neck and raglan sleeves — with some shorts that are sort of like the Puppet Show shorts, with leggings underneath for warmth. Now to sew my own versions in my favorite fabrics 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.