Oliver + S

Cotton/nylon blend fabric?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

My son has a couple pairs of RTW shorts made from a 70/30 cotton/nylon blend, and I love it – it doesn’t stain or wear as badly as his 100% cotton clothes, it dries more quickly than 100% cotton, and yet it feels softer and more comfortable than 100% nylon/Taslon. I’ve looked around online, but I can’t seem to find much. Mood has a few, but mostly they’re awfully fancy for toddler shorts. Rose City Textiles seems to have three options, but two of them are waxed. That might be ok – I’m going to order swatches. I’ve been searching for cotton/nylon blends and cotton/Tactel blends – is there maybe some magic search term I’m missing, or another outdoor apparel fabric seller I’m missing?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Have you tried the Outdoor Ready series on our blog? As I recall, Ashley had a nice post there about sourcing fabric for purposes like this. I remember that Rose City Textiles was listed as an option, but maybe she mentioned others as well?

http://oliverands.com/tutorials/outdoor-ready

@lightningmcstitch
    is resourceful when it comes to these things as well.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Thanks for reminding me of Ashley’s fabric sourcing tips. A pair of cargo shorts in that kind of nylon blend is exactly what my husband would want me to sew for him (getting my threads crossed)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.