Oliver + S

Cotton/nylon blend fabric?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Profile photo of EnbeeEnbee @Enbee

My son has a couple pairs of RTW shorts made from a 70/30 cotton/nylon blend, and I love it – it doesn’t stain or wear as badly as his 100% cotton clothes, it dries more quickly than 100% cotton, and yet it feels softer and more comfortable than 100% nylon/Taslon. I’ve looked around online, but I can’t seem to find much. Mood has a few, but mostly they’re awfully fancy for toddler shorts. Rose City Textiles seems to have three options, but two of them are waxed. That might be ok – I’m going to order swatches. I’ve been searching for cotton/nylon blends and cotton/Tactel blends – is there maybe some magic search term I’m missing, or another outdoor apparel fabric seller I’m missing?

Profile photo of Liesl GibsonLiesl Gibson

Have you tried the Outdoor Ready series on our blog? As I recall, Ashley had a nice post there about sourcing fabric for purposes like this. I remember that Rose City Textiles was listed as an option, but maybe she mentioned others as well?

@lightningmcstitch is resourceful when it comes to these things as well.

Profile photo of Lightning McStitchLightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Thanks for reminding me of Ashley’s fabric sourcing tips. A pair of cargo shorts in that kind of nylon blend is exactly what my husband would want me to sew for him (getting my threads crossed)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2016. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.