Oliver + S

Corduroy?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

Has anyone made this in cord? Do you think it would be conducive to that material? My mom just bought my Stella a cord skirt from Garnet Hill ($$!) and I think it would be easy to replicate with this pattern.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Try, you can’t go too far wrong! Maybe a pinwale cord on one side and a cotton weight on the other so it is not to heavy/bulky?

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I think if you use a fine wale cord you can do it. It’ll have a little less stretch, of course, than the quilting weights, but it should word fine I suspect. I’ve wondered about this myself, so I can’t wait to see what you do for your little girl!

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

I was thinking about this very thing today. I would be interested to know if it works out.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I don’t think it would be a problem if you used the fine stuff. The thing I would be most wary of is the fit afterwards. It may end up being more snug around the hip at the end due to the corduroy. It’s worth a go though and I wouldn’t mind seeing how it pans out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.