Oliver + S

Converting the sweatpants to shorts?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Janet @DIYWardrobe

Hi – my four-year old son has just requested some new ‘jogger shorts’, and I’m thinking that a shorter version of the parachute sweatpants might fit the bill. Just wondering if anyone else has already done this… and if so, how did you finish the hems? Thank you

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Absolutely! I haven’t shortened the Parachute pants but it would work fine. I often do this to the previous years trousers as my son grows in length much faster than width.
    I’d do a 3/4″ single fold hem and use a twin needle. If you’re not keen on twin needle hemming then a zig zag or even a long straight stitch, as the hem won’t need to stretch much.
    Don’t forget the free Sunny Day Shorts might work too, or the Nature Walk make great shorts as well.
    Have fun with it, you can’t go wrong.

LINK
    Janet @DIYWardrobe

Brilliant, thank you. My twin needle hems are a bit hit and miss so it’s helpful to have some other ideas up my sleeve!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.