Oliver + S

Comparing sizing to RTW?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Cara @caraskates

Hello all!

I am getting ready to start in on costuming for an ice show – which is what I do full time, make skating apparel that is. This however is for a benefit ice show so I’m looking for a few shortcuts. 😉

I’d like to use the Sunny Day Shorts pattern as a base for most of the skaters in one number – they will have blue sequin shorts, yellow polo tops and blue caps – sort of a “scout uniform” style look. 3/4s of the skaters are child sized and I have waist and hip measurements for all.

I’m just wondering how close the Sunny Day shorts run to RTW sizing? I’ve made them once before in size 2 and found them a bit big but that 2yo may just be tiny. I am capable of altering the pattern/grading if needed, just thought it would be easier to have a starting point. Thanks! Oh, my fabric has a bit of stretch but I don’t want the shorts to be a fitted dance short look.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

In general I have found O+S patterns to be a tad bigger than ready-to-wear. The only Sunny Day Shorts I have made were in a size 2T and that was the case there. I don’t think they are so much bigger that you have to make a size up, though. Just a little roomier. The key would be the waist measurement for the elastic, and since you have those I think you’re good.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.