Oliver + S

Chai Tee with longer sleeves

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Mima @Mima

Any possibility of adding 3/4 sleeves to the Chai Tee? I would like to make it for fall (and also don’t wear short sleeves). Suggestions? – is the armscye a normal shape/size so one could add a regular sleeve?

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

It looks like it is an inset sleeve, which means you have a few options.

1) take the short sleeve and lengthen and narrow as it you would like; or

2) find a sleeve you like and take the pattern’s sleeve cap and draft that onto that sleeve pattern.

Although, looking at the pictures (I don’t have the pattern) it looks like it might be a boxier type sleeve and you might not like the proportions you end up with, if you aren’t careful.

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

It may be possible? It’s kind of a Dolman style, the band at the bottom is what creates the sleeve look.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

It would be an interesting exercise to see if the Bento sleeves don’t fit right on there… But then I don’t have the pattern to hand. Yet. 🙂

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I didn’t really intend the pattern with long sleeves, but I suppose there’s no reason you couldn’t adopt the armholes and sleeves from the Metro Tee if you were so inclined…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.