Oliver + S

cape fabric requirements

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    corlee @corlee

i *may* be procrastinating work here but i was wondering if someone could send me the fabric requirements for the cape for a 4 year old… i don’t have my book here with me and finger is itchy on the fabric website. ha!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

If I remember correctly the cape is in 2 sizes, M and L. I want to think it calls for 1.5 yd for the M (main and lining), which is the size I made for my almost 3 year old last fall, and still fits her. I will try my best to remember to look at the book when I get home from work. I know this “may be procrastinating” feeling. 🙂

LINK
    Jane @jesims

I actually have one cut and sitting on my sewing table right now. I am making a medium for my 2 year old. She’s tall and is starting to wear 3T’s. Generally when I sew for her, I make 2T width and 3T length. TMI, I know. Anyway, for the medium Sayiamyou is correct. 1 and 1/2 yards of fabric A and 1 and 1/2 yard of fabric B. I cut mine yesterday and think if you aren’t working with a directional print and strategically place the pieces you could probably get away with 1 yard of each. For safety sake, more is always better.

Jane

LINK
    Ohhowsweet @Ohhowsweet

I hadn’t looked at the book yet, but was thinking I’d make my daughter a Little Red Riding Hood costume for Halloween since she could/would likely use the pieces of it again as regular wear. She’s only 14m now, although wearing 18m – 2T, but now I’m wondering if the cape will be too large!? Hmm…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.