Oliver + S

bust apex?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

i need some help with identifying where the bust apex is on the side front of the cinema dress pattern. the fba instructions in the pattern are great but i would also like to see the details needed for lowering or raising the bust apex.

thank you!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh, that’s an interesting question. I’m afraid I don’t know the answer to that one, will wait for more experienced folks to chime in. To be sure I understand, you’re talking about moving the tip of the curve of the side front dress piece higher toward the neckline or lower toward the hem?

LINK
    mlinton @mlinton

I followed the instructions in “fit for real people” which is a great resource if you can snag a copy. (I use my library’s copy since it is always available.)

The implied bust apex is at the level where the front side panel “sticks out” the most compared to the grainline. If you need to lower/raise the apex, you can draw a box on the front side & front yoke pieces and shift them up/down by the same amount. (Don’t shift to the left/right.) After shifting, you can smooth the seam lines and cutting line and do the rest of the FBA.

Good luck!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

I did the FBA for this dress and had a bit of a panic about the bust apex too. I was worried it would end up too high, but it turned out pretty darn good. I think the FBA lowers the apex.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.