Oliver + S

Bucket Hat

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Anna @sweetsnowflakedesigns

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has machine stitched the final step for the bucket hat? Also, is it normal for the top to not match the sides and end up with a few folds after sewing?
    Thanks so much for your help,
    Anna

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Havd you seen A Little Gray’s tutorial? She shows alternative construction steps with no hand sewing. I have used her method very successfully. http://alittlegray.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/lttsa-bucket-hats-part-3-look-no-hand.html
    I wouldn’t be surprised to find a few folds as your stitching opposing and bias curves. If it were me and the hats finished I’d leave and give it to The child to use and make another using the next method because it’s fun 🙂
    And a spare hat is always useful!

LINK
    Anna @sweetsnowflakedesigns

It’s for an exchange. So I’m sure the little guy will love it (I hope anyway). I’ll go straight to the link and have a look. Thank you so much!!!!!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’ve got another, slightly different way to avoid hand sewing which is shown here: http://bartacksandsingletrack.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/hats-galore-and-no-hand-sewing-tip.html
    What makes the biggest difference to how it comes together is the amount that you’ve turned up the seam allowance on the lining crown. Being out by a little bit here makes it much bigger or smaller. Fiddle with this seam allowance to try and avoid puckers.
    Good luck.

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

I’ve made a bunch of these, and for the very last one, I pinned the life out of the Fabric B cap and attached it while doing the final edgestitch step. It wasn’t perfect, but then I’ve never had great luck getting that edgestitch to look great on both sides of the cap, anyway!

Next time I make this (and it’ll be soon, as my little guy has a real gift for losing his hats), I’ll definitely give one of the methods above a try, instead.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.