Oliver + S

BUBD Tie Space

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Natalie @gnat

I am sewing the BUBD in a size 3T. The tie space seems to be 1 inch. This seems rather large for a 3T. Well, I think 1 inch would be large for any size. Is this a design choice or is it an error in my construction? Thanks for the help.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m not sure what you mean by tie space?

LINK
    Natalie @gnat

The space between the top of the collar when the collar band is buttoned. Thanks.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Ok, I’ve never heard it referred to as such. If you look at the photos on the pattern listing you can see how much space is designed in the front. One of the photos shows the shirt buttoned up to the very top. I don’t have a shirt to check the space and don’t recall off the top of my head, but it could be as much as an inch.

https://oliverands.com/shop/buttoned-up-button-down-shirt-sewing-pattern.html

If yours is looking like this you should have it right. Be sure that when you sew the collar you’re matching the ends of the collar to the dots on the collar band pattern piece and then you should be sewing it correctly. You could certainly lengthen the collar a bit at the center and close up the space if you aren’t happy with that amount of space. I hope that helps.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Checking to see if you’ve seen this?

LINK
    Natalie @gnat

Yes, thank you. Before I posted my question, I saw that there was a visible tie space in the line art; I just couldn’t tell that it was a full inch. I also saw it as I looked back at photos of other’s completed projects—but again, I couldn’t quite tell how much tie space there was. I will certainly alter the collar if I sew this again—I am just surprised that a 3T shirt would have a such a large tie space.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.