Oliver + S

Bistro dress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Lisa @lisachawk

I made the Bistro dress with short sleeves in a size 8 and it was so small! It was more like a size 4. It fit my sons girlfriend who is tiny. The arms were so tight on me? It doesn’t look like the arm size changes much on other sizes? Any suggestions? The picture below is of my sons girlfriend not me.
    Thank you
    Lisa

LINK
    rebecca @rebecca

Ugh. So frustrating when that happens!! It’s happened to me. The best I can suggest is to look at the “finished garment” measurements and see what size is best for your body, plus ease. And sew and Muslim draft — to get the right fit.

LINK
    rebecca @rebecca

Wow. *muslin draft. Auto-correct not always helpful ok these iPhones.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

@lisachawk so sorry to hear about your difficulties with the pattern.

That definitely sounds like something is off. Are you working with a digital copy of this pattern? If so, be sure to check the scale measurements on the copy you printed to make sure that it has been printed true to scale. You also might want to check the finished measurements of the garment you made against the finished measurements chart to see if they are the same.

Liesl says sizing on this is very true and shouldn’t have given you that much difference. And we haven’t heard of this issue from others who have sewn with the pattern.

That said, it is somewhat of a fitted style, so be sure–as Rebecca says–to check your body measurements against the size chart and the finished measurements chart for the pattern. You may need to do some adjustments to get the best fit for yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.