Oliver + S

Bento box help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    twinklekote @twinklekote

Hi, I am already having trouble with step #2 for the bento carrier. I don’t know exactly where the “center edge of the handle” is and the pics don’t help. I first sewed all away around of the handle where you put you fingers in to grasp and now I see that won’t work. Super frustrated already. I really wish there were more pictures for dodos like me. Then in step 4 it says I have to turn it inside out from the hole I created. What hole?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

OK, I think you have done everything right so far, but let’s back track. I don’t have photos to hand but maybe more words will help…

Step 1: You’ve cut out an inside handle piece from interfacing. On that interfacing you’ve drawn the hand hole and then cut it away so the interfacing has a hole in it.

Fuse the interfacing to your fabric.

Step 2: Now put the interfaced handle piece on top of the main panel with right sides together. Align the outer curve as in the picture.

Now stitch the shape of the handle hole. This is what is being referred to as the “centre edge of the handle” it’s what I think you’ve done and it’s completely correct. You will be stitching the handle fabric to the main panel right along the line of the trimmed interfacing. It WILL work, trust the instructions. 🙂

Step 3: Cut a hole within the perimeter of what you just stitched. Start in the centre then trim away the middle of the handle shape leaving only about 1/8″ seam allowances and clip into the curves. Illustration shows this.

Step 4″ The hole referred to is the one you’ve just made by trimming away all the fabric from the inside of the stitched handle shape. You’ll turn the pieces you’ve just sewn right side out using this hole.

Best of luck.

Edit: can a moderator please move this to the Little Things to Sew thread. Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.