Oliver + S

Bias Leg Binding way too small!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

Hi,

I took the inch and a half off of piece 15, as mentioned in the errata, but now the binding is way too short. I made the size 4T and the total circumference of the leg opening was about 12 inches (luckily my daughter is super slim). I am trying to figure out where I went wrong…So I measured the length of piece 15, once you take off the 1.5″, and for 4T the piece is the 12.5″ long. So how could that ever result in a leg opening that is 13 5/8″, as it says in the errata? I am totally confused!

Thanks for any help!

Alexandra

LINK
    Anonymous @

I just read some else’s post (re: Sunday Brunch Skirt errata) and that person seems to be having the same issue as me, but with a different pattern. Is it possible that I have a ‘corrected’ reprint of the pattern, where the errata would not apply?

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I’m working on this pattern too, but have been nervous about taking that 1.5″ off yet. I think I remember reading some place Liesel telling us how to figure out if we have a corrected pattern. Will post if I can find it!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Found it!

http://www.oliverands.com/forums/topic.php?id=276

Erm, not sure how to make links work, but you can find it under the Sunday Brunch Errata topic.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Thanks so much Maraya- it seems that I do have a second printing! You know, I read that forum and I just didn’t pick up on the fact that those numbers would work for every pattern – that was really helpful and thanks for your quick reply!

Alexandra

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Okay so am I crazy or are there no numbers at all in the copyright box of the larger size of the puppet show? I spent a lot of time looking all over the pattern sheet for what might be the right number but now that I have gone and found the Sunday Brunch pattern sheet that was used as the example when Liesl first told us how to tell if we in fact need to use the errata I see clearly that the number mentioned is in a box under the web address. There is nothing under the web address in this one! I won’t be cutting fabric until tomorrow so any hints would be most appreciated!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I will try and remember to look at my copies when I go home for lunch this afternoon. Seems like you might be right though…

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

so kind! thankyou

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I can’t find numbers in either size of the patterns I have. Guess this means they were a later print and there are no errors??

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

Bumping this one as I am having the same trouble, I can’t find the numbers anywhere on the 2t-5 sheet. Does anyone know where they are?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If it is any help, I didn’t cut my bias leg piece until I had sewed and gathered the legs, when I was checking.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.