Oliver + S

Beyond the machine: non-sewing crafts/hobbies

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • LINK
    Jane @jesims

Nicole,

You made me giggle. We sure would have a lovely and eclectic shop wouldn’t we. 🙂

Jane

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I do a lot of sewing, machine embroidery, hand idery, cross stich and quilting. I do some jewelry making by only to make stitch markers for my knitting and crochet.

I’m a horribly seasonal crafter. knitting tends to be done in the cooler months, sewing and quilting in the warmer months. I haven’t cross stitch in years, but I still have many projects waiting for me.to.finish.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Sounds good Nicole, mind if I join you? I will bring along my smocking and we can listen to the singing together.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

There have been a few hobbies that have gotten pushed aside, and some that stem one from another. I learned to sew and crochet while in school, and taught myself to knit (my mother tried, but she’s right-handed) I still carry around a project when I need to take a long train ride sans little ones. I’m a pastry chef by profession, and fell into miniature dollmaking when I didn’t like the figurines available as cake toppers at the time. That led to more polymer clay crafting — buttons and things for the sweaters and sewn garments, as well as odd things like magnets and other miniatures, and frames for the inevitable pictures of kids.. I work part-time at a bakeshop, but we don’t make bread aside from cinnamon rolls every weekend (which are my thing) — I like working with yeast, and making chocolates. Dresses occasionally mean matching hair ornaments/bows/beaded clips.

Now that our younger is in a twin bed, I’d like to make her a quilt. I don’t really have the space for any more crafting things!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.