Oliver + S

Bedtime Story PJ's – Does the tie stay tied?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

Hi all, this may be a silly question, but I’m wondering if any of you have any trouble with the tie staying tied on your little one. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this pattern and was afraid to make it because of that. I just thought the tie would come undone too easily on wiggly little ones and possibly even being a choking hazard while they are sleeping. BUT – I’ve seen so many making these with no complaints that I must be wrong. Tell me how yours are working for you.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

My daughter has been wearing these PJs exclusively for almost two years now. (She gets a new pair every time she grows out of one.) When she first started wearing them, the ties would sometimes come undone at night. But now I make sure to give an extra firm tug on the bows when I’m putting them on her at bedtime. This keeps them closed through even the worst night of tossing and turning in bed.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Thanks, Todd – I’m going to have to sew some for my kiddos!

LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

I use the tie pattern to make a little interfaced tab for snaps and use my snap press instead of ties so the kids can do it themselves..I have three kids I put to bed myself at night most of the time when daddy is working late!

LINK
    Anonymous @

That sounds like a good idea too, violetvata. I have a snap setter so maybe I’ll try a few like that for my 2 yr old. My 4 yr old might like learning to tie a bow, actually! I hadn’t thought of that.

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

A double-tie has helped, too. Also, I’ve made these pajamas with tabs and snaps in place of ties. This was especially nice for boy-themed pajamas where a tie would be considered a bit too girly (in their opinion). hehe! 😉

LINK
    Siah @Siah

My little guy had only really worn one piece pjs (he is 18 months), but he really likes his new set. I’ve had more trouble with keeping the inner tie tight than the outer — I might try a snap tab there next time around. But I love the flexibility of the ties — I think they will allow for some growing room.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Oh, I was wondering if there was an inside tie. Figured there must be. Well, I ordered my patterns so I’m looking forward to making some comfy jammies. Thanks everyone for the info.

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I just made my granddaughter a size 2 this weekend. My daughter said ties are a problem for this child so I used soft velcro squares, but I think it is going to be hard to line them up. I have three more pair of pajamas cut out and I would like to try the tabs and snaps. I am trying to visualize what they looks like. Do the outside tabs fold up and over the bias edging?

LINK
    Anonymous @

Here’s a picture of one pair I made with the snaps. I can take a pic of the inside tab/snap for you if you’d like to see that as well. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandiknowles/4645570957/

LINK
    eblythebrown @eblythebrown

The ties come undone all the time on both my sons and daughters’PJ’s…….When they get worn in more, it doesnt happen AS much…..But I would love an alternative….So I love the snap idea!!!

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

My daughter doesn’t seem to have a problem with them. She’s older so she can tie them herself, though. You may be right, eblythebrown, about them staying tied once they are broken in. She has worn her pair every single night since I made them. Eek. I really need to make her another pair. LOL

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Thank you, your photograph is very helpful, cute pjs!

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

I’ve done ties, velcro, snap tabs, and a combination of them. I’ve found that the ties stay tied, however, they aren’t always easy for my smaller children. I think my favorite is a snap or velcro tab on the inside part and a tie on the outside.

LINK
    ckcsbella @ckcsbella

I’ve made these twice, and I’ve used buttons and buttonholes. I just put a button hole on each end of the top, and sewn a button on the inside and outside. I don’t find the stitching shows all that much, since the button is under the arm. DD#1 can’t tie ties yet, and doesn’t want help. The buttons look fine. There’s a picture of them in my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30488988@N06/4868170983/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.